Preservation Master Plan for Moravian College

http://www.scup.org/asset/55592/Moravian_Preservation_Master_Plan.pdf

Founded in 1742 by German and Moravian immigrants, today Moravian is an independent liberal arts college associated with the Moravian Church in America. The College encompasses two parallel campuses—the Female Seminary and the Men's College and Seminary—that were originally separated along gender lines but merged in the mid-twentieth century. Eleven of the college's buildings within the Bethlehem Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, with Brethren House (1748) considered to be one of the best examples of Colonial Germanic architecture in the country. Grant funds are supporting an evaluation of the historic fabric of the campus and its evolution, past campus development patterns, and the use and enhancement of historic resources, all of which will result in a historic preservation plan for the college that can be incorporated into the College's new wider facilities master plan.

Moravian College received a Getty grant in 2007 for $130,000 to support campus heritage planning.

Cumulative Rating:

(not yet rated)
Location:
Institution Size:
Region:
Resource Type:
Format:
Language:
Rights: Moravian College
Source: Moravian College
Date Of Record Creation: 2011-11-07 10:20:24 (W3C-DTF)
Date Of Record Release: 2011-11-07 10:22:42 (W3C-DTF)
Date Last Modified: 2011-11-07 10:20:24 (W3C-DTF)
Institution Name:
Report a Problem with this Resource

Date Record Checked:

(W3C-DTF)

Resource Comments:

(no comments available yet for this project)